[sync] SyncML working! Step 1/3

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed Jun 30 10:04:45 PDT 2004

Hi there,

my first email got delayed a little bit (used wrong identity for sending).

So it was already somewhat outdated when it reached you.

In the meantime I luckily made a bit of unexpected progress:
at some point in time my code suddenly changed from
"making my phone core dump half the time  and producding endless data
duplication loops in the other half" to

"runs like a bliss". :-)

So by now steps 1) and 2) halfway 3) of my inital roadmap are basically
completed:  the protocol is in place and it really does meaningful
synchronisation with horde,mnemo and nag.

A few (bugfix) patches to other modules/packages are required. I'll
comiled these in a seperate message (step 2).

Instructions for getting SyncML working and a tarball of the new SycML
package comes in step 3.

Stay tuned,