[sync] New SyncML and P800 - test results

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Jul 1 23:31:36 PDT 2004

Hi Ian,

thanks for the input.

> in horde.log:
> Jul 01 23:25:42 HORDE [error] [horde] DB Error: no database selected:
> UPDATE horde_datatree_seq SET id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1) [nativecode=**] [on

I finally figured out where my strange problems with the DataTree came from:

Currently syncML stores the datatree object in the session data which is
just a bad thing: if the state is restored from the session, the datatree
object gets restored but the database connection is not. (it's a resource
handle: putting this in a session var can't work.)

I'll rectify this once I find the time.

For a workaround in the meantime you can download r 1.33 of
framework/DataTree/DataTree/sql.php from here:

http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/framework/DataTree/DataTree/sql.php?r=1.133&p=1

and patch it as follows:
1) in line 104 add
$this->_connect();
2) and change line 1049 from
       if (!$this->_connected) {
       if (!$this->_connected || !$this->_db->connection) {

>The entry from the p800 seems to get duplicated onto nmemo every time
> I sync howver nothing created on the server goes back to the phone.

This is the normal with this error: the clients sends its change and the
servers adds it to the horde database. When it tries to put the log info
about this into the datatree, it crashes with the DB:Error. So the
connection is lost and the client resends the changes the next time.

Cheers,