[sync] P800 & calendar

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 23:21:44 PDT 2004

Hi,

> This looks good - there is still something not quite right with either the
> calendar or the notes sync as the date is not being placed in the task
> status
> field on my phone - it should do this after a successful synchronisation.

In the P800's "remote synchronisation app" rather than the Calendar/Tasks
app itself?

I normally get an incomplete sync runs when the horde import encounters some
strange vcard data and sends something like "Notice: invalid foreach". This
messes up the XML output  and the phone terminates the sync session.

Anything in the php error log (php.ini: error_log = filename)?

> How do I clear the history so that I can resync everything from new?

delete from horde_datatree where group_uid='syncml' and datatree_name like
'%summary'

deletes the sync timestamps. So on the next run a "SlowSync" is enforced. A
SlowSync syncs everything from scratch while the normal TwoWaySync only
changes since the previous timestamp.

Works like this:

1) the client (phone) sends all its data: if a map entry for this exists in
the datatree, the sycnml server replaces the existing horde item, otherwise
the item is added as a new one.

2) the client sends its data to the phone: currently policy is: send only
the items without map entry (i.e. which haven't been synced before). This is
to avoid too many dupes being sent to the client. It is done in the
"if($locid && $refts==0) {" line in TwoWaySync.php.

So as a result of a SlowSync you have all the client's data in horde and all
horde data that has never been sent to the client before in the client.

To really resync everything you have to delete the complete datatree:

delete from horde_datatree where group_uid='syncml'

Bye