[sync] SyncML and T610 results

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Jul 8 23:47:31 PDT 2004

Hi Joeri,

> I get a succesful synchronisation the first time, but our SyncML cannot
find
> it's anchors out of the datatree and tries to slowsync every time. Will
try to
> look into this.

the anchor is saved (to the datatree) only after a sync session is
successfully completed (as seen by the server). You would get some info
about this in the logs.

So a slowsync every time indicates some problems with the later stages of
the protocol (3 a) or b) in docs/syncml_primer.txt).

What do the logs say?

I'd be curious to see how a session looks like on a phone different than my
own (P800/900). So if you could do

1) rm /tmp/sync/*
2) do a sync run
3) post the contents of /tmp/sync to the list (or directly to me if it's too
long).
Make sure to remove the Credentials and maybe some data as well.
(maybe s#<Cred>.*?</Cred>#<Cred>REMOVED</Cred>#gsi will do)

That would be great.

Thanks,