[sync] SyncML with Nokia 6230 - logs

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue Jul 13 05:20:14 PDT 2004

Hi Christian,

> At least I think that I read it in the "todo" file.

well, the todo is fairly out of date: it predates all the changes I did to the
code. Maybe I should fix this.

By now we got SlowSync and TwoWaySync working. The only drawback to slowsync is
that it performs a simple merge of the two datasets and does not do "field by
field" comparision of each entry to check for dupes.

Please ignore everything I said about "too much whitespace" and
"ContentHandler". I looked at the code and verified that all the input data is
already properly trimmed. Your Contenthandler code is up to date, too. So it
must be something else.

The header you've been sending had
    <MsgID>2</MsgID>
So this is not the first package. Can you check wether your phone sends
the cred details in the first packet, too?

There's a small chance the syncml.php logging to /tmp/sync overwrites existing
files. This can happen when the phone starts responding while the server is
still completing its respond for the previous package. So if your _client_0
package has <MsgID>2</MsgID>, just let me know and I'll try to find the fix I
did to syncml.php for this.

Karsten