[sync] SyncML server installation

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue Jul 20 09:59:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

just my 2 cents:

SyncML/Horde is still under heavy development. So if you want to try to get it
running _and_ port it to a different backend, you're doing two steps at once.
Might be tricky :-)

If you want to use SyncML with another backend than the Horde
applications (i.e. Nag, Kronlith, Turba, Mnemo), imho you have two options:

1) do a default install of Horde, Framework, Kronolith, and Nag (using cvs
tarballs or anonymous cvs checkout). Then try to get SyncML running in that
'default' configuration.
Once you got this working, you can start converting all $registry calls (in
TwoWaySync.php and Sync.php) and maybe replace the authentification stuff as
well.

2) wait for SyncML to become somewhat more stable. I've already started some
refactoring which will ultimately result in a package where replacing the
backend (Horde Apps) is way easier than it currently is. But this may
take some time: current focus is on getting this thing running with different
clients and different iCalendar formats.

Of course I prefer 1) and some help/feedback whether this works with your setup
:-)

Cheers,
  Karsten