[sync] Synchronisation with an HP iPAQ h4100

Daniel Vandal dvandal at infoteck.qc.ca
Tue Aug 17 10:29:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm currently needing to have an HP iPAQ h4100 running w/ Pocket PC 2003, but
since they doesn't come with any SyncML clients, I tried with Sync4j (both stable
v1.0 and beta v1.5) and with Synthesis SyncML client (both Pro and Standard) but
both doesn't work, I first thinked that the SyncML client wasn't able to communicate
with Horde, but the iPAQ and Horde are able to make the  authentication and start
a slow sync request, but with both clients, they aren't able to communicate properly.

I'm receiving the message "Error 700" with Sync4j and "Invalid Data" with Synthesis
SyncML client.

The problem seem to be in the response given by Horde to the client because of the xmlns= tag
for each elements of the syncml xml answer. I tested by removing this tag for each elements, now
both clients freeze.

I would like to know if the problem is the clients I use, or if I'm needing to hack the SyncML code
to make it compliant to the client I choosen to use ?

Thanks for your help.

---
Daniel Vandal
Infoteck Internet