[sync] GUIDs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Sep 13 08:19:34 PDT 2004

So, I think I need to make sure changes in how we generate/handle GUIDs in the
apps we have that use them.

I realize this may create havoc for people who are already syncing data, but for
one thing, we don't come anywhere close to the recommended implementation
(http://www.kanzaki.com/docs/ical/uid.html), we need to handle 255+ character
UIDs, and I need to be able to use them reliably internally between Horde
applications.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, things are going to change/break. Sorry 'bout
that in advance, but this is development software still. :)

-chuck

--
"But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams