[sync] Failed to sync with P900

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 04:37:46 PDT 2004

Hi,

> I'm running HEAD20040929 now (of everything); and I still have the same
> problem,
> same failure, etc. The request *is* received and processed by Apache;
> and then I
> get the same entry in the Apache error log file.
>
> I've tried synching each component individually; no difference.

very strange.
It seems that apache receives the very first http request from the p900 in an
invalid format. So php isn't even started, let alone syncml code. (I guess you
don't see anything in horde.log or the php error log file?).

The apache error message might indicate an invalid request URL. Can you
check if
your server address is correct and does not contain any trailing or in between
whitespace?

Or some apache module does some strange url rewriting magic?

Just to double check: here's my P900 configuration (translated from German, so
wording might differ)

Config for Jotter:
  Activate: checked
  task name: Jotter
  Server Database: notes

Config for Remote-Sync: Edit->Config:
"Server" Tab:
	Server Address: http://example.com/horde/rpc.php
	Username: [horde login name]
	password: [horde login password]
"Protocol" Tab:
	Transport Protocol: HTTP (this is a fixed preset)
	Auth required: _not_ checked
	username: greyed out
	password: greyed out

Revisions of my P900 are
Phone: CXC162022 R3D011
Organizer: CXC162021 R5B02
CDA: CDA162003/3 R5A07

For debugging I sometimes send the request manually and see what
happens. So you
could copy the request (<?XML...) from the apache log to a file and do
something like

curl -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.syncml+xml" --data-binary @[filename]
http://example.com/horde/rpc.php

The expected result is a XML document with the servers response.

Just some ideas. I'm really guessing here.

Cheers