[sync] Sync4j and Horde

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed Oct 20 06:54:25 PDT 2004

Hi Oliver,

but at least it's a start. And the debug info does help.

I'm away from my Horde installation and cvs at the moment (and for the rest of
the month), so here are just two wild guesses:

1) currently Horde SyncML doesn't do "auth-clear" authentification.
This should
be easy to fix:

replace line 250 of framework/SyncML/SyncML.php

$this->_credData = base64_decode($this->_credData);

with s.th. like the following:

if ($this->_credType == 'syncml:auth-basic') {
    $this->_credData = base64_decode($this->_credData);
}

After that you should get logging info with locName=okuhl in your horde debug
log rather than the current "locName=¢K¡-·°ŠZ"

2) But I think the real issue is that Sync4J doesn't like the empty xmlns tags
in

<SyncML xmlns="">

and especially

<SyncBody xmlns="">

of the Horde response.

Current implementation of the whole XML generation is rather messy (a complete
rewrite of that stuff is really in order).

My guess is that insertion of

         $uri = $state->getURI();

before line 426 of framework/SyncML/SyncML.php (right before the
startElement()
call) should help here.

As usual, after you made the changes to framework files, you have to do
install-framework.php to push them into the final pear-places.

Let see whether this helps...

    Karsten

P.S.
There are no linefeeds in the output as it is created by the general purpose
"ContentHandler.php" in xml_wbxml. It doesn't beautify the code as it may be
used to produce XML where newlines have a semantic meaning. You may use
Mozilla/Firefox to display .xml files in a pretty printed form.

P.P.S
As of Friday, I'm on vacation. So we better get this running quickly ;-)