[sync] SyncML howto ?

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Sat Jan 1 20:11:24 PST 2005

Hey there,

after going through the horde site, the horde.org/sync section and the
archives it appears this is strangely lacking :-)

After starting off with the idea of wanting to simply sync my phonebook
with my server (Sony z600 phone) and then finding sync4j, then the Boheme
SyncML php script I stumbled across the horde syncml project.

Then upgraded to Horde 3.0 and found it had the syncml stuff incorporated
into it yet no documentation as to how to get things working past an
e-mail around 12 months back saying "read the source in teh cvs tree" or
something to that effect.

Is there any howto's out there and if not I believe there is a need for
something that gives basic instructions as to how to set this stuff up
from an end user point of view.

If someone can help me with some initial pointers (reading the entire
horde cvs tree is not really a useful option) then I'd be willing to see
if i can throw together some basic howto's..

--
Steve.