[sync] Re: PalmSource to replace HotSyn with SyncML

Scott Schmitz scott at RealOrganized.com
Thu Feb 24 16:22:28 PST 2005

 >> Unless you purchase a SyncML client for PalmOS 5, and we finally get
 >> synching working.

I know of 3 SyncML clients for Palm.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/syncml-ctoolkit/

http://sync4j.funambol.com/main.jsp?main=roadmap

http://www.synthesis.ch/

We are currently developing a CRM application for real-estate agents
which uses Horde as a framework.  As part of that development we are
planning on synchronizing Horde with Palm PDA's and with our Palm CRM
application (called RealtyJuggler).  So, we have been eagerly tracking
progress with Horde and PalmSource in the area of SyncML.

If necessary, we are willing to update the sourceforge project.  The
code is a bit of a mess but it's probably the best code available as
open source.  I have been talking with the PalmSource folks about this
for several months, trying to get them to keep that source updated.  So
far they have not stepped up to the plate, but this latest news makes
me optimistic that they will see benefits in updating that project.

Scott Schmitz
President, RealOrganized, Inc.
Organizational Software for Real Estate
http://www.RealOrganized.com