[sync] Access denied accessing horde/rpc.php

Deryk Piper deryk-lists at mod-soft.com
Mon Mar 21 09:32:43 PST 2005

Good day all,

Firstly, my apologies up-front for what may be a completely stupid
problem.

Thought I'd take a look at the SyncML support in Horde to see how far I
could get with it.  I've downloaded the latest CVS, and can successfully
login to Horde using a web browser.  I have configured Horde to use
composite authentication with IMP and MIMP.

If I try to access horde/rpc.php directly with IE or Firefox, I get a
basic authentication dialog.  My IMP user/pass doesn't work.  I've
looked through the rpc.php code and the following block stands out:

/* Let the backend check authentication. By default, we look for HTTP
 * basic authentication against Horde, but backends can override this
 * as needed. */
$server->authorize();

If I disable composite authentication and tell Horde to use IMP
explicitely, I still get the auth problem with rpc.php.  I started down
this road because the SyncML client I'm testing with is getting Access
Denied messages.

Besides "access denied" messages in my webserver log files, there are no
other error messages being generated.

It would be one thing if I was getting stuck on the syncing process - to
get stuck on authentication is really embarassing.  What am I doing
wrong?

TIA!

DP