[sync] horde and Sync4J

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 04:24:32 PST 2005

--------------050404060308080103030109

Hi,

I finally had some time to install outlook 2000 and the Sync4j outlook
connector.

I modified WBXML/contenthandler.php so it no longer produces those
disturbing empty xmlns="" attributes. I also did some small changes to
Syncml to make the response better match Sync4J's (and the syncml specs)
request.

As a result horde/syncml now responds to a Sync4J syncing request with
the xml attached as syncml_server_0.xml. (use IE for nicer viewing).
Looks like a perfectly valid response to me. However Sync4J is very much
not happy: no more "SyncBody not found", now it just crashes :-(
Last line in the connectors sync.txt log is the line with the contents
of the received server response.

For reference I also attached the initial client request sent by the
sync4j outlook connector.

I spent some time trying to check the response message against the
SyncML specs (notably chapter 4.2 of
http://www.syncml.org/docs/syncml_sync_protocol_v11_20020215.pdf), but
was unable to come up with anything.

To get forward with this one:
Can somebody sent me a working server response for a Sync4J-Outlook
connector sync? That what give me an idea where to look at. A Slowsync
would be best. Or maybe it's a bug in Sync4j?

Cheers,