[sync] Fwd: Re: Syncml client v2.5

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Apr 28 03:51:29 PDT 2005

Hi,

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
 > Karsten - I can go either way on this, in terms of either using 1.0,
 > or generating valid 2.0. Thoughts?

let's see. I think our requirements are something like this:

-some devices expect icalendar 1.0/vcard 2.1 and some ical 2.0/vcard 3.0
-of the 1.0/2.1 devices, there are different methods of encoding text
  and folding lines:
    -mail-like: quoted printable (I've only seen that for the P800/900)
    -default: folded lines are indented with a space
-we have to support different charsets
-rules for recurring events  seem to be different, too.

So I think the only true solution is to enhance the iCalendar package so
that the exporting methods (exportvCalendar) fulfil all these
requirements. In particular they need to produce different outputs for
1.0/2.0 and 2.1/3.0.

I'll look into it. Anybody got some good pointer for documents?

For vcard 3.0 / vcalendar 2.0 there are the rfc's.
But for the older versions?

Cheers,