[sync] Sync failed => Duplicated entries WAS: P900 sync: Problem with all-day events

Hans Henrik Gabelgaard hhg at guideix.dk
Tue May 3 14:42:05 PDT 2005

Hi Karsten

Thanks! All-day events seems to be working, but now i've got a new problem: New appointments created today are been duplicated, probaly because something goes wrong in the sync proces and the P900 reports sync failure, but everything is synced, and at the next sync, todays entry are duplicated (and the P900 reports sync failure)
In horde.log i've seen a lot of these messages:
SyncML: add: 20050503222014.6owney44rshs at webmin.gabelgaard.org ignored, came from client [on line 196 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/SyncML/Backend.php"]

And that ID match a duplicated entry

Later in the logs a lot of:
SyncML: Unable to create change for CD0000008B9511D182D800C04FB1625D9D25EB1DA801B94BB43540A37EB0B7B2: client-id not found in map. Trying add instead. [on line 103 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/SyncML/Backend.php"]

But that ID came from an in Kronolith imported iCal file... Which on the first sync was sent to the P900 and on the next duplicatede back to Horde/Kronolith

So somehow it's out-of-sync...

Conclusion:
On calender sync, P900 reports failure everytime
On Contacts sync, P900 reports succes, but nothing is synced, horde logs says:
 SyncML: Error in adding client entry due to replace request:Invalid address book [on line 114 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/SyncML/Sync.php"]
 SyncML: api export call for 20050503180445.4pub50xbgow0 at webmin.gabelgaard.org failed:  Invalid address book [on line 187 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/SyncML/Sync.php"]

Seems to be the same problem Deryk Piper ([sync] Can't sync contacts (invalid addressbook)) reported and I've had it too with Sync4j client on WinXP today

  Best Regards
Hans Henrik