[sync] Syncing with Z600

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed May 4 08:21:07 PDT 2005

Hi,

 > To give a little more basis for debugging I have attached
 > what I got trying to

the mailing list handler strips most nont-text attachments. Even XML. So
please resend with .txt extension ;-)

 > It seems that all the right stuff is in there,
 > but some "noise" has been inserted at seemingly random places.

Well I think the "noise" is the wbxml encoding. That's basically xml
where that tags have been replaced with binary codes to save bandwidth.
(see the example in the SyncML spec)

My P900 doesn't do wbxml, so i can't test our implementation on that.

Maybe somebody can provide me with the raw WBXML sent to the server. To
get it, add to rpc.php after line
         $serverType = 'syncml_wbxml';
the following code:
             $fp=@fopen('/tmp/sync/log_raw.txt', 'a');
             if ($fp) {
                 @fwrite($fp, "\n\n". Horde_RPC::getInput());
                 @fclose($fp);
             }

then try a sync and post log_raw.txt to the list. Vilius, can you do
that for a Z600 as well?

Thank you,