[sync] Progress with a Sony Ericsson K700i

Andy Wright horde at eltofts.homelinux.com
Thu May 5 09:10:25 PDT 2005

I've have had qualified success syncing to a K700i - here are a few
pointers for others trying the same.

First, update to the latest HEAD code - Karsten has added quite a few
changes.

Make sure you have the latest (>=0.9) version of wbxml2
(http://libwbxml.aymerick.com/) installed.

In the synchronization settings on the phone, ensure the following are
all filled in;

Server address (something like http://your.server/horde/rpc.php)
Server username
Server password (name and password of the user you are syncing as)

For each application that you define you also need the username and
password as above.

Caveats;

My phone locked up / rebooted itself several times when I did the first
few syncs.

Repeating entries do not work - this is known to be a Version 1 (as used
by the phone) / Version 2 (used by Horde) vcalendar incompatibility.

Hope this is of help to someone...

Andy.