[sync] Almost there?

Jaz horde at harbell.net
Tue Jun 21 13:03:59 PDT 2005

Could somebody point me to recent/needed updates in order to give this
another go?

(Karsten -- if you're listening, then can you point out any special
things you did to get sync working on a Sony Clie? I too am using a Clie
-- mine is the PEG-SJ20)

The sync response I get in syncml_server_N.xml is below. PalmOS clients
I'm trying are Sync4j and Synthesis, I have added (from CVS last week)
the SyncML tree and the latest rpc.php; tho I haven't grabbed any
special XML_WBXML library.  (which update should I use?)

Sync4j finnishes with a popup "Unexpected Error -- AddressDB", "Sync
Failed"; and Synthesis gets the number of contacts and events but then
shows "Invalid Data".

For testing I'm using SoftickPPP/NAT, which works fine in establishing
an IP connection for the Clie. However, dialing up the Clie via a USB
cable to my cell phone no longer works (not sure when that happened).

Since Kevin points out that the client's local database gets wiped
before the sync, I'm going to stop testing with my Clie. Perhaps I can
get my old Palm-V to connect to SoftickPPP via serial. Tho it would be
better to just get a modern phone that fully supports SyncML. Any
suggestions?

BTW, although I was looking to sync the Clie with horde, then sync Palm
Desktop with the Clie, then sync Palm Desktop to the V60 (Truesync by
Starfish), I'm now looking to replace my Clie & V60i with a 3G phone
that can sync both calendar and contacts directly with horde. (And since
I like Palm apps I had considered looking only a PalmOS-power phones,
but that turns out to be too limiting.)  Can anyone suggest a nice 3G
phone that has a nice calendar app? I will have to also link to my
laptop via USB for mobile cellular dialup.

Thanks
Jaz

<SyncML xmlns=""><SyncHdr
xmlns="syncml:syncml1.1"><VerDTD>1.1</VerDTD><VerProto>SyncML/1.1</VerProto>
<SessionID>3201708476</SessionID><MsgID>1</MsgID>
<Target><LocURI>sc-pim-palm</LocURI></Target>
<Source><LocURI>http://172.16.30.16/horde/rpc.php</LocURI></Source>
<RespURI>http://172.16.30.16/horde/rpc.php</RespURI></SyncHdr>
<SyncBody xmlns="syncml:syncml1.1"><Status><CmdID>1</CmdID>
<MsgRef>1</MsgRef><CmdRef>0</CmdRef><Cmd>SyncHdr</Cmd><SourceRef>sc-pim-palm</SourceRef>
<TargetRef>http://172.16.30.16/horde/rpc.php</TargetRef><Data>212</Data></Status><Status><CmdID>2</CmdID>
<MsgRef>1</MsgRef><CmdRef>1</CmdRef><Cmd>Alert</Cmd>
<SourceRef>AddressDB</SourceRef><TargetRef>jaz</TargetRef>
<Data>508</Data><Item><Data><Anchor>