[sync] FRAMEWORK_3 sync attempt

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jul 7 13:52:51 PDT 2005

Following Chuck's SyncML and WBXML framework commits to FRAMEWORK_3, I tried to
sync my Palm.  While the Synthesis client reports success, nothing synced.  For
each of contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks, error types similar to the
following are logged:

Jul 07 16:40:54 IU13 [error] [turba] DB Error: unknown error:  [nativecode=1065
** Query was empty] [on line 988 of
"/usr/share/pear-framework3/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"] Jul 07 16:40:54 IU13
[warning] [horde] SyncML: SyncML: contacts/listBy failed for delete:DB Error:
unknown error [on line 127 of
"/usr/share/pear-framework3/Horde/SyncML/Backend.php"]

So two questions:  besides rpc.php (which I'm using the HEAD version of that),
are there other files that need to be updated?

And, if something like a database error is being returned, would it not be
better to return an error to the client, instead of success, and logging in the
datatree that a successful sync had occured?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator