[sync] Syncing multiple databases

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Jul 25 10:40:05 PDT 2005

Currently Horde syncs the default share for each application.  What to do in the
situation where you have more than one share that you'd like to sync?  Or you
don't want to sync your default share, but something else (or nothing at all?)
What would be the best way to handle this?

A preference for each app to allow the user which share(s) to sync with?  Or
something else?

Examples:
You want to sync your default share in Kronolith, but also include an
organizational event calendar as well.

You want to sync your personal address book in Turba, but have your corporate
address book setup as the default share (well, I guess not share, since they
don't quite exist yet in Turba), because you want that searched first.  And the
corporate address book is configured as read-only, and export is set to false
(which I think is the source of my earlier export API permission denied
errors).

On a slightly different note, how are Private events on the PDA side handled
Kronolith side?  Maybe a preference to designate one of your Kronolith shares
as  a "private" share, where events tagged as Private go to?  Or is the concept
of a private event too PalmOS specific (that's all I have access to currently)?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator