[sync] Once again: Auth. problems with Nokia.

Easy lists at digital.ktu.lt
Sun Jul 31 08:06:14 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
> Some SyncML devices don't send their credentials with the first package.
>
> The SyncML server should send back a response indicating that the
> credentials are required and the authentication failed. In the server
> response you should see something like 401. In the next request from the
> client you should see the credentials.
>
> Lars
> --
> need Groupware      ==> http://www.egroupware.org
> hosted eGroupWare   ==> http://www.officespot.de
> eGroupWare Training ==> http://www.outdoor-training.de/egroupware
> Open Business Club  ==> https://www.openbc.com/hp/Lars_Kneschke/

You are completely right. Server message responding to that client's message
mentioned in earlier mail is:
<SyncML xmlns="syncml:SYNCML1.1">
<SyncHdr>
<VerDTD>1.1</VerDTD>
<VerProto>SyncML/1.1</VerProto>
<SessionID>12</SessionID>
<MsgID>1</MsgID>
<Target>
<LocURI>IMEI:356228002178777</LocURI>
</Target>
<Source>
<LocURI>http://my.server/rpc.php</LocURI>
</Source>
</SyncHdr>
<SyncBody>
<Status>
<CmdID>1</CmdID>
<MsgRef>1</MsgRef>
<CmdRef>0</CmdRef>
<Cmd>SyncHdr</Cmd>
<SourceRef>IMEI:356228002178777</SourceRef>
<TargetRef>http://my.server/rpc.php</TargetRef>
<Chal>
<Meta>
<Format xmlns="syncml:metinf">b64</Format>
<Type xmlns="syncml:metinf">syncml:auth-basic</Type>
</Meta>
</Chal>
<Data>401</Data>
</Status>
<Status>
<CmdID>2</CmdID>
<MsgRef>1</MsgRef>
<CmdRef>1</CmdRef>
<Cmd>Alert</Cmd>
<Data>401</Data>
</Status>
<Status>
<CmdID>3</CmdID>
<MsgRef>1</MsgRef>
<CmdRef>2</CmdRef>
<Cmd>Put</Cmd>
<SourceRef>./devinf11</SourceRef>
<Data>401</Data>
</Status>
<Final></Final>
</SyncBody>
</SyncML>

BUT! There is no further response from the phone. In this case it seems, that
the problem is not with server but rather with the client side. From the other
hand I'we tried it with several NOKIA and SONY/ERICSON models. Neither one is
working. Only sync client for outlook... I will try to find log of syn4j, which
is working fine with both phone and outlook client.

Algirdas