[sync] Bug #157: convertCharset

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 19 04:59:13 PDT 2005

Zitat von Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

>> Shouldn't conflict resolution happen on the client side?
>
> The client may do so but normally does not: Chapter 2.4. of the spec
> (http://www.syncml.org/docs/syncml_sync_protocol_v11_20020215.pdf) says:
>
> "Conflicts, which happen because of modifications on the same items on
> the server and the client databases, are in general resolved by a sync
> engine SW on the server device."

And is this how other clients and server work at the moment? It really
doesn't make sense to me, because I always considered SyncML servers
head-less. Having to implement a UI only for resolving conflicts seems
strange.

>> Great. We probably should keep the todo list in framework/SyncML
>> uptodate also with who is working on what.
>
> Right. Do you think it makes sense to create a seperate SyncML  queue on
> bugs.horde.org? I would start putting the bugs reported on the list there.

Yeah, why not. When we start distributing libraries through a PEAR
server, we need queues for each package anyway. Done.

> BTW, my "karsten" account is not permitted to write wiki entries. Can
> somebody with admin rights on wiki.horde.org change this? thanks.

Strange, I can't see why this shouldn't work.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/