[sync] sync using Synthesis

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 13:15:09 PDT 2005

Hi,

using the Palm simulator I've been playing around using the synthesis
syncml client. First results:

1) The client sends a different SessionID for every message. Rather
strange, shouldn't this be constant during a session? I means it's a
session ID after all? I manually forced the horde syncml code to ignore
the sessionID and thus got authentication and session handling running.
How did people that got it running dealt with this?

2) tried syncing of 'notes' first. Basically it works but it's very
unstable: notes are sent as text/plain. If you have a note

"test456
<xml>&</test> <<>"

the note gets send as

<Data>
test456
<xml>&</test> <<>
</Data>

i.e. no encoding of "<", "&" at all.
This works inside a wbxml document where the stuff inside <data> is
marked as a fixed string of length ##, but after running wbxml2xml on
it, you end up with something that's just not xml at all. the xml parser
naturally complains big time. So we really need to get our php only
encoder/decoder in XML_WBXML running...

I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,