[sync] MaxMsgSize, current status, first gui page

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Sep 26 07:50:03 PDT 2005

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> This itself is not too tricky to deal with, but our strange way of
> handling commands (see http://wiki.horde.org/SyncRoadMap, Code Cleanup)
> makes it harder then necessary: basicly atm a <sync> command can only be
> sent in response to a <sync> by the client...

What is the response to a partial message? Another <sync>, or something
else? Seems like you should be able to take all of the calendar
entries, put them into a queue in the session (in the State object?)
and then keep sending <sync> commands until the queue is empty...?

> While at it, I checked in another thing that's not finished at all yet:
> a SyncML options page in the gui. However atm there are no options to
> configure. But to other things: first a list of successful sync
> timestamps: for each of those there's a button to delete the timestamp
> and so enforce a new slow sync on the next run. At the moment the
> client<->server ID map is not deleted by this, so the slowsync shouldn't
> produce too many duplicates.

I agree with Jan that this isn't end-user stuff for now, though useful
for debugging.

What I'd like to see as end-user options is:

- what calendar should new events be added to
- what calendars should be synced

etc. for notes, tasks, contacts.

Btw, I don't think I told you/the list that I tested notes syncing with
Synthesis on my Treo 650, and it worked perfectly. Thanks! This is
awesome progress. If there are specific coding things I can help with
please let me know; my wife _really_ wants calendar syncing. =)

-chuck

Quincy Adams