[sync] update for synthesis client

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sun Oct 9 04:06:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I finally managed to get the MaxMsgSize handling right. Event handling
still looks terrible in the code, but the functionality is now there: if
the client specifies a max size for messages (as synthesis does), Horde
will split big data chunks into smaller messages.

Using the palm simulator and the synthesis sync client, I've now been
able to successfully sync tasks, events, calendar and notes.

When using the synthesis client

- make sure to set the events server path to "calendar"
- uncheck the "only from 30 days before until 90  after today" setting

With a special set of calendar data, I managed to crash the synthesis
client. I'll try to get in touch with synthesis about this. If anybody
encounters something similiar, please let me know. It may help to
isolate the error.

Code is in CVS by now. If you're using a PDA, now's the time to give it
a try!

Cheers,
  Karsten

P.S.
if you don't want to updade your complete installation, just make sure
you have up to date versions of the following files/packages:

-complete SyncML,XML_WBXML,iCalendar and RPC packages
-(kronolith|memo|turba|nag)/lib/api.php
- kronolith/lib/Driver/(kolab|sql).php