[sync] Calender only one-way

Robert Carnecky horde at dbservice.com
Tue Nov 1 14:44:19 PST 2005

Hi

I installed the latest cvs snapshot and started my syncml tests using
Palm/SonyClie + SyncML (2.5.0.30). Here are my results:

1. Events synced successful. The only problem I noticed are the
start/end time attributes when the event duration in kronolith was
checked as 'All day'. The time range in the palm client was set between
02:00 and 23:59.

2. Tasks synced successful. No problem here

3. Contacts synced only in one direction - from client to server. In the
horde log I found the following message:

Nov 01 23:05:04 HORDE [debug] [horde] SyncML: api export call for
20051101230503.5xn1wkynhc4k at dbservice.com failed:  Invalid address book
[on line 267 of "/usr/lib/php/SyncML/Sync.php"]

I am using ldap as backend. I have still some problems with my ldap
addressbook configuration, anyway editing my entries by hand works.
After syncing, the common names of all new entries were set to
cn="lastname, firstname". I did not found, how can I define/change this
expression, is this hard wired ? If yes, I would preferr concatenation
without comma, because comma is the distinguished name delimiter and
turba has IMO problems when editing such entries (I posted a question to
the turba list regarding this).

Another problem when syncing contacts is, that only few attributes were
updated: firstname,lastname, mail, mobile, phone and fax numbers and
organization. I am missing attributes like street, city, postal code
etc. Maybe turba/ldap config problem, I am still testing this issue.

4. I did not sync notes

Regards
Robert