[sync] P910i problems (Phone fails after Slow sync request from server)

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Thu Dec 29 09:22:48 PST 2005

Hello,

Seeing the reports of P910i-syncing working, I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm starting by trying to sync the calendar only. I get one message from
the client that looks ok; it remembers a previous sync and asks for a
Two-way sync with an anchor. Then the phone reports failure, and no more
packets are sent.

The server does not remember the anchor (php log:  SyncML: SyncML:
Anchor mismatch, enforcing SlowSync [on line 119 of
"/usr/lib/php/SyncML/Command/Alert.php"), and replies with a 508 status
(Refresh required?) for the Alert, And sends a new alert command with
data 201 (Slow Sync).

One oddity is that the anchor Last and Next in the message from the
client look like '20050114T104121Z', while the slow sync alert command
from the client have anchors 0 and 1135871241.

The remembered anchor is probably from old, failed sync attempts (I
tried this about a year ago). But the phone then reports a failed
synchronization, and does not send any more messages.

Is this a bug in the Sony Ericsson P910i? Or are the anchors in the Slow
sync message invalid? Or is something else wrong?

FWIW I'm running a CVS checked out today.

Any help appreciated!

/Erland