[sync] P910i problems (Phone fails after Slow sync request from server)

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Thu Dec 29 10:03:34 PST 2005

Karsten,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You wrote:

>the sync code has been written using a P900, so syncing with a P910
>should work as well.
>
>I don't think your problem has anything to do with anchors and slowsync:
>I do this all the time during development and this should work without
>problems. Can you try syncing mnemo/jotter and see if this works?

Just did this. Same behaviour. Tried it with contacts too with the same
behaviour. The phone waits for quite a while with status "Läser"
(Reading), before failing.

>any errors in the logs?

No. With the notes, I get:

SyncML: authorized=1 version=0 msgid=1 source=35423500-157688-7
target=https://xxx.lewin.nu/horde-cvs/horde/rpc.php user=yyy
charset=ISO-8859-1 wbxml=
SyncML: looking for sync for notes
SyncML: Create new sync for notes
SyncML: create for syncType=notes
SyncML: No info about previous syncs found for id erl:35423500-157688-7
and database notes
SyncML: Anchor mismatch, enforcing SlowSync
SyncML: SyncML: return message completed

And nothing more.

In /tmp/sync I have one message from the client, and one from the server
for each attempt.

I installed Horde-cvs in parallell with my "stable" Horde install; could
there be some conflict, or database mismatch? I've updated the configs
for each app under Administration/Setup. In the CVS version, I currently
have Turba, Kronolith and mnemo installed.

I just updated my phone to the latest firmware the other day.

Let me know if you want any of my packets or logs...

/Erland