[sync] Sync experience HP2410 with Sync4j client again.

Han Spruyt han.spruyt at ijsselgroep.nl
Mon Mar 20 07:11:18 PST 2006

> Quoting Han Spruyt <han.spruyt at ijsselgroep.nl>:
>
>> vevent2sif in Sync4j.php calls Horde_iCalendar::_exportDateTime() with
>> DTSTART and DTEND
>>
>> This uses date('O') to calculate the time zone offset. So the time
>> zone offset is for today and not for DTSTART or DTEND as far as I can
>> see?
>
> I can definitely see how what would cause problems. What I'm really
> having trouble with is wrapping my head around what _should_ be passed
> to date('O'), since use the result of it to do some subraction on the
> hour/minute values. Or should we use something else entirely?

date('O') accepts a time stamp as a second argument.
When I change date('O') in lines 917 and 918 in _exportDateTime() to
date('O', $value) then offset is correctly calculated for the passed
date.

Then the syncing is correct, except in case I create an event in the
pda for a date where DST is in effect. This event ends up in Kronolith
one hour late.

I tracked this down to funny behavior of the Sync4j client (I use
1.7.9). The times Horde receives from the client are always event
times minus time zone offset. So DST is not taken in account. I only
tested this for the time zone I am in (GMT+1).

I guess this is Sync4j only behavior, so that should be taken care of
in Sync4j.php, then.

Another problem I found while testing is that when I sync more events
prom PDA to Kronolith, only one of them ends up in my calendar. The
other way round is OK.

Han.