[sync] Sync experience HP2410 with Sync4j client again.

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed Mar 22 05:10:15 PST 2006

Hi,

>  From Kronolith, while imported.
>
> Imported events get a uid like this in Kronolith:
> 20060321T232726Z at myserver.nl

The UIDs from the PDA get stripped before the entry is beeing processed
by SyncML.

However the sync4j code in syncml uses the iCalendar package to create
an vevent based on sync4j's proprietary data format.

http://cvs.horde.org/co.php?r=1.38&f=framework%2FiCalendar%2FiCalendar%2Fvevent.php#l34
contains the line

         $requiredAttributes['UID'] = $this->_exportDateTime(time()) .
'@' . (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] :
'localhost');

which just makes up a UID if not present and then does it wrong.

So the line should read something like

$requiredAttributes['UID'] =  date('YmdHis') . '.' .
             substr(base_convert(microtime(), 10, 36), -16) .
            '@' . (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) ?
            $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : 'localhost');

I'll commit a patch on the weekend when I have access to my development
machine.

Cheers,