[sync] syncing turba contacts. History issues

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sun Mar 26 12:37:56 PST 2006

Hi,

I just submitted a patch that should make syncing turba contacts working
again. However this is kind of a quick hack.

For those not involved in development: just do a cvs update on turba or
get a new turba/lib/api.php. Give it a try and sync turba contacts.

Development details:

The horde history for turba stores the owner of entries but not the name
of the source (like localldap). That's different behavior than kronolith
et al.

Currently there's no way to ask the history "give me all entries that
have been added to source "localldap", because the source is not stored
in the history.

That one itself would be easy to rectify. However for turba things are
difficult due to turbas flexibility: entries of a source can be shared
by all users (like localldap) or private to the owner (like default
localsql configuration). This configuration is done in the "strict"
section of conf/sources.php.

The horde history is just not able to deal with this flexibility.

For the time being the quick hack results in the history being as it is
and the turba api listBy always asking for the history data of the
Auth::getAuth user. So it works for the default private address book but
for nothing else.

I have to think about this. Seems to be a major problem. Suggestions are
welcome.

Cheers,