[sync] Problems syncing contacts using Funambol Outlook Client 3.0 Beta 1

cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Wed Apr 5 13:34:12 PDT 2006

I am using php 5.1.2, Horde 3.1.1, IMP 4.1, Kronolith 2.1, Turba 2.1,
Ingo 1.1, Nag 2.1, Mnemo 2.1, Gollem 1.0.2, all installed from a
recent FreeBSD ports tree.

I was successful in getting the Funambol Outlook Client 3.0 Beta 1 to
sync up a few test contacts, calendar events, and notes (tasks would
"succeed" but didn't seem to actually sync anything, also recurring
events and category labels wouldn't sync, but that isn't a problem for
now) with a fresh horde user and fresh Outlook 2002 data file.  When I
tried to do the same thing for two of our existing users, their
calendar events and notes will sync, but trying to sync their contacts
causes the Funambol client to complain about being disconnected from
the server, with no errors other than the disconnect in the Funambol
sync logs, even when set to Debug, and this shows up in the horde.log:

Apr 04 16:08:32 HORDE [error] [horde] SyncML: Error in adding client
entry due to replace request:Already Exists [on line 135 of
"/usr/local/www/horde/lib/SyncML/Sync.php"]

I have created /tmp/sync and looked at the files that show up in there
but nothing jumps out at me as being a problem.  I have tried deleting
all of these users' existing horde contacts and even removed all
traces of the users from horde's db tables and I still get the above
error.  Usually it manages to get one or two of the contacts synced
out of the hundreds that these users have.

Has anyone seen this problem?  What else can I do to debug this?