[sync] Sync of Nokia N70

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sat Apr 29 12:37:31 PDT 2006

Hi,

> Second, in the XML/WBXML/DTD/SyncML.php we execute setCodePage for
> SyncML and MetInf DTD's (lines 75-76 and 79-80). But we don't add
> codepages for the DevInf DTD.

I finally had the time to think about this. The reason why DevInf is
handled different is this:
A switch to DevInf data is not done by a change in the codepage. Instead
the DevInf data is a complete wbxml data set which is put into the
enclosing syncml stream using the wbxml OPAQUE feature. Don't know why,
maybe this better allows clients to send the DevInf as a fixed string. I
also don't know if this behaviour is the standard or not. I only know
that's the way the synthesis client does it.

However, creation of this OPAQUE DefInv data didn't work yet in Horde. I
made a few changes to the XML_WBXML and SyncML packages and know it's
working. Well at least it's making the synthesis client happy...

Everyone who had problems with clients using wbxml is encouraged to
upgrade their XML_WBXML and SyncML packages to cvs and give it a try.

cheers,