[sync] SyncML improvements

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sat May 6 03:06:48 PDT 2006

Hi,

 > 5) change contact in TURBA
 > 6) SYNC
 > => TURBA and PHONE are NOT equal

 > i tried the test with the
 > HOMEPHONE Field

Can you try changing another field rather than homephone? Maybe name?
Does it work then?

Rather than the complete logs I need an example of a data entry your
phone sends. To get one, create an address entry (or event or ...) with
all features (as many phone fields filled in as possible). Then do a
sync. Within /tmp/sync then do a

for a in *.wbxml; do wbxml2xml -m 1 -i 4 -o `basename $a
.wbxml`_conv.xml $a; done 2>/dev/null

You need libwbxml (http://libwbxml.aymerick.com/) installed.
Then you get _conv.xml data with the readable XML in it. Locate the

"BEGIN:VCARD" or "BEGIN:VEVENT" part in the *client*_conv.xml files and
post the contents of these entries to the list. Or directly add them to
the collection here:

http://wiki.horde.org/SyncMLDevicesFileFormats

Thanks,
  Karsten