[sync] Synthesis client problem when syncing contacts

lody@great2cu.net lody at great2cu.net
Thu May 18 03:11:12 PDT 2006

I switched from the sync4j to the synthesis client on Windows 2003 PPC
since sync4j does not support https.

During contacts-sync I get some strange results. Initial situation:
80 contacts on pda, none on the server.

During the first time sync I get a message from sysnthesis ERROR=400,
80% of the accounts have been transferred from the PDA to the server.

After running the following query on the server database:
delete from horde_datatree where group_uid='syncml';
delete from horde_datatree_attributes using
     horde_datatree_attributes left join horde_datatree on
     horde_datatree_attributes.datatree_id=horde_datatree.datatree_id where
     horde_datatree.datatree_id IS NULL;

the sync runs successfully, all accounts have been transferred to the
server, on the PDA however I now have a double entry for all contacts,
with a ; behind the contact name.

Does this sound familiar?

Regards,

Lody