[sync] Synthsis Client with Palm Tungsten T3

Colin Campbell cdc at ccicon.com
Mon May 29 14:58:07 PDT 2006

Hi.  Does anyone actually have the synthesis client working with the
Palm Tungsten T3?

I have been struggling to get this working.  For starters I am just
concerned with the contacts.  But calendar, notes and tasks all seem to
suffer the same difficulties.

What is happening is this:

I can sync from the client to the server, but I can not get data back
from the server.

I did considerable debugging on the contacts and found that I was
getting an 'Unknown Content Type: Array' for each contact record in the
server.  I added a line of code as follows in  SyncML/Sync.php  after
line 233 (Latest CSV as of a two days ago.)

line 234:  if ( is_array($contentType) ) { $contentType =
$contentType['contentType']; }

This solved the above message, and the server finally started exporting
the data to the client.

Now, I have another problem.  The server logs show that the export
completed successfully.  The client log (Synthesis client 2.9.6.7) shows
all the data transfered, but zero records added.  I have tried version
2.5.0.62 with similar results.  I can get client to server working but
not server to client.  This older version does not have a log, so I'm
totally in the dark when something goes wrong.

I think that there is some incompatibility in the vcard format that the
synthesis client is not liking, but I don't get any error messages from
the client.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

CDC