[sync] Sync Notes with Palm using Synthesis Client when ISO-8859-1

Patrick Abiven patrick.abiven at apitech.fr
Thu Sep 7 06:24:16 PDT 2006

Hello
Using Horde CVS and the Synthesis client 2.5 we are able to synchronize Notes between Horde and Palm. Thanks for your great work done on SyncML !
Our database charset is ISO-8859-1 and the Synthesis client uses UTF-8 for Notes (text/plain).
So we have to modify /lib/SyncML/Device/Synthesis.php :

function convertServer2Client:
   if (NLS::getCharset() != "UTF-8" &&
      strstr($contentType,'text/plain') !== false) {
          $content = utf8_encode($content);
}

function convertClient2Server:
    if (NLS::getCharset() != "UTF-8" &&
       strstr($contentType, 'text/plain') !== false) {
          $content = utf8_decode($content);
    }

Regards
Patrick