[sync] Bug in contact sync with Sony Ericsson W800i

Anders Tietze hordesync at dk-tietze.dk
Sat Sep 30 07:53:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get SyncML in Horde to work with my Sony Ericsson W800i
and I am able to synchronize my calendar, but I have some trouble with
my contacts.

When I have done the synchronization with my phone, the name field is
set to blank for all my contacts in Turba.

I have created a test contact on my phone where I have entered all the
possible attributes and it seems like it is only the name that is missing.

If I look at the debug files in /tmp/sync the name information seems to
be present in the vcard.

##Start example from file syncml_client_XX_conv.xml ####
             <Replace>
                 <CmdID>13</CmdID>
                 <Item>
                     <Source>
                         <LocURI>83</LocURI>
                     </Source>
                     <Meta>
                         <Type xmlns="syncml:metinf">text/x-vcard</Type>
                     </Meta>
                     <Data><![CDATA[BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:;test
TITLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:test
ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:Aa
TEL;HOME:3688
TEL;WORK:333
TEL;CELL:99
TEL;FAX:6666
TEL:66
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF;CHARSET=UTF-8:ajn
URL;CHARSET=UTF-8:jmj
ADR;HOME;CHARSET=UTF-8:;;;Aab;Caba;99;Caba
BDAY:20060930
X-IRMC-LUID:000200000053
END:VCARD
]]></Data>
                 </Item>
             </Replace>
##end of example  ####

If I export the same contact to a vcard in Turba I get the following:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
FN:
EMAIL:ajn at localhost
NICKNAME:
TEL;TYPE=HOME:66
TEL;TYPE=WORK:333
TEL;TYPE=CELL:99
TEL;TYPE=FAX:6666
TITLE:Test
ORG:Aa
NOTE:
ADR;TYPE=HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:=
;;Aab, Caba 99=0D=0ACaba;;;;
ADR;TYPE=WORK:;;;;;;
BODY:
END:VCARD

Is it possible that someone on this list can help me fixing this bug.

My horde version is the cvs from 30/9-2006

Best regards,
Anders Tietze