[sync] Stripping UIDs

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 01:30:42 PDT 2006

some phones seem to send the local ID of an entry as UID, see
http://wiki.horde.org/SyncMLDevicesFileFormats
The Nokia 9500 sends something like
BEGIN VTODO
UID: 170

I doubt this is a globally unique ID :-(

We can enhance device.php to include a flag "producesValidUIDs()" and
allow UIDs for devices where this is true.
Or alternatively do some heuristic checks (length, contains "@")
before accepting a UID.

Cheers,