[sync] recurring events for P990

Håvard Wigtil havardw at pvv.org
Sat Nov 4 02:33:06 PST 2006

Karsten Fourmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> importing and exporting recurring events should mostly work now. You
> have to use Kronolith head though.
>
> What doesn't work is recurring events that are specified with a duration
> count. Like "every monday, five times".
> "every monday until forever" and "every monday until 2006-31-12" should
> work.

Thank you for continuing you great work!

I've done some testing with P900 and CVS updated yesterday.
It looks like plain yearly and weekly events work.

What doens't work is monthly events repeated by weekday (e.g. second
tuesday every month). They just show up as a single event in Horde. I've
attached two examples.

Montly by date (e.g. the 15th) every month does work, though.

I've also tried montly by day from Horde, and it ends up in the wrong
day(!) on the phone. See the attachment "monthly_byday_horde.vcs", it ends
up on the _last_ saturday of the month instead.

It seems like the problem is "RRULE:MP1 5+ SA", it gets converted to
"RRULE:MP1 1- SA" on the phone. Changing it to "RRULE:MP1 1+ SA" and
sending to the phone makes it work as expected.

This is the only one I've tested syncing from Horde, I'll do some more
testing later.

--
Håvard Wigtil || http://wigtil.net