[sync] rpc.php from CVS requires authentication

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Mon Nov 6 12:23:35 PST 2006

Patrick Abiven wrote:
> Hello
> Using the CVS version (31 october), https://<myserver>/rpc.php requires now authentication.
> Synchronization with Synthesis SyncML client works fine, but Funambol fails.
> I can see that rpc.php contains a test on "requestMissingAuthorization", but how can I disable this authentication requirment ?
Hi.
I don't think that requestMissingAuthorization has anything to do with
it. But this may finally shed some light on the recent problems with the
Funambol client: http authentication is required by the default rpc
server class, not by the syncml server class. The syncml server is run
if the mimetype of the request is "application/vnd.syncml+xml" or
"application/vnd.syncml+wbxml".

Maybe the funambol server does now send s.th. other than these two? Can
somebody have a look? I don't have access to an Funambol client atm.

Cheers,