[sync] install-packages an outlook-plugin

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Fri Dec 15 02:03:16 PST 2006

Hi,

Nicolas Scaut wrote:
> Mmmm really don't understand...
>
> To be sure,
> 1- I uninstall all the pear package and PEAR himself !
> 2- I reinstall PEAR and upgrade (1.5.0RC1 BETA).
> 3- I download the last snapshot of the framework-head and install it doing
> the pear channel discover and php install-packages
> 4- I install all the required PEAR modules (I looks to test.php to find it)

To be safe you should also use a clean horde installation. A horde
installation that is "inherited" from a released version will _not_ do
as it contains an (outdated) SyncML module hardwired into the lib/
directory.

Check if you have a horde/lib/SyncML.php. If so: it won't work. You need
  to create "fresh install":
1) move you horde/ to horde_old/
2) create a fresh horde/ from horde-HEAD-2006-12-x snapshots and the
required applications as well as framework-HEAD-2006-12-x
3) copy the config files from horde_old to your new horde install.
4) test the horde install by login with your browser.

> Now, when I view the page rpc.php, I have nothing
That's fine. rpc.php only invokes syncml when called with mimetype
application/vnd.syncml+xml.

> and when I do the sync
> with funambol, I have a error :
> "Error in preparing sync: Invalid content-length: 0"

I just can't repoduce this. What I did just five minutes ago for testing:

1) download and unzip
horde-HEAD-2006-12-14.tar.gz
mnemo-HEAD-2006-12-14.tar.gz (extract under horde/)
framework-HEAD-2006-12-14.tar.gz (extract under horde/)

2)install pear modules (as root!):
pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
cd horde/framework
php -f install-packages.php

3) create correct config in
- update horde/config
- update horde/mnemo/config
- create users

4) test a replication of notes with Funambol 3.0.15

works for me.

Cheers,