[sync] SyncML1.2 wrongDevInf code space

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Fri Jan 12 03:19:03 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a PHP PEAR SyncML module (at www.horde.org). It also
contains a PHP WBXML encoder/decoder which is mostly based on your
libwbxml library.
Thanks for all your work on that! I wish our decoder would be half as
stable as yours...

Recently, a new Synthesis SyncML client (www.synthesis.ch) came out
which supports SyncML1.2. Trying to decode this I found out a possible
wrong code space for DevInf1.2 in libwbxml0.9.2:

wbxml_tables.h says:
#define WBXML_PUBLIC_ID_SYNCML_METINF12 0x1203
in line 113.

However if you look at the SyncML1.2 DevInf spec at
http://www.openmobilealliance.org/release_program/docs/DS/V1_2-20060710-A/OMA-TS-DS_DevInf-V1_2-20060710-A.pdf

page 48 says:
"This version of the DevInf DTD specification is associated with the
WBXML code space 0x1203 and the formal public identifier -//SYNCML//DTD
DevInf 1.2//EN."

So 0x1203 is supposed to be DevInf1.2, not MetInf1.2. That's how the
Synthesis client handles it. Please find attached an example produced by
the client. It is not correctly decoded with libwbxml0.92

However it may be also the SyncML1.2 spec document that is wrong, I
can't say.

Best Regards,

Karsten Fourmont, fourmont at gmx.de