[sync] Funambol v3 client on PocketPC

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Thu Feb 15 00:21:47 PST 2007

Hello,

I am quite excited to say that, despite Wiki's recommendation, I used
Funambol client for sync, and worked in some degree so far.

I have a Windows Mobile 5 device. (call it PPC for now)

So far, I tried Contacts and Calendar only. Horde's contact and
calerndar's are empty. Horde's backend is PostgreSQL.

Althought Funambol client complains at the end, synching from PPC to
Horde sql database worked.
Both calendar and contacts are populated and I can see all of them on
the Horde's.
YAY!

One problem I noticed was, if I put in an entry into Horde's calender,
and do sync multiple times, every sync adds the cloned entry into both
PPC and Horde calendar. So, after 3 syncs, there were three cloned
calendar entries. (identity crisis?)

In any case, the fact that I can finally sync my PPC with something
other than my Windows laptop is indeed encouraging.

If I get chance/time to chase down the problem, I'll come back.

--
Tai