[sync] Client and server timestamps don't match

jochem at mondrian-it.nl jochem at mondrian-it.nl
Fri Mar 9 16:06:21 UTC 2007

Karsten,

As far as I understand, sync is a part of the horde package, which I use the
HEAD release of, and update daily.

I've tried this a couple more times, and it's now becoming clear that Horde
keeps using the same anchor ts. I've tried to find where horde should be
storing this value, but can't currently find it easily.

Having mysql log the queries taught me that a sync doesn't actually do an
UPDATE or INSERT on horde_datatree, where the anchor ts is saved.

This was using yesterday's HEAD release.

Today's HEAD release doesn't complain about mismatching anchor ts's anymore.
It just doesn't save the anchor at all anymore:

Mar 09 14:45:24 HORDE [debug] [horde] SyncML: SyncML: No info about previous
syncs found for device fwm-05B08261D0B92 and database calendar [on line 88
of "/usr/share/php/SyncML/Command/Alert.php"]

It does an initial sync every time (pda leading), which has the same effect.

I've attached a copy of my horde.log and mysqld's querylog (n2svr02.log).
These were both wiped clean just before the sync, and copied right after, so
they contain nothing but the data generated by the sync. Horde.log is at
debug level. Both obviously have the ipadresses removed.

I'll be looking into this more after the weekend.

Regards,

Jochem