[sync] SyncML and Symbian

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Mon Mar 12 21:38:55 UTC 2007

Fridtjof Busse wrote:

>* Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>

>>>But I noticed one problem: If I create a contact in Turba with the
>>>Name "Firstname Lastname", I only get lastname synced onto my phone.
>>>Looks like a seperate field for "Firstname" is necessary.
>>>Is this a known limitation?
>>>

>>http://wiki.horde.org/BackLinks?referrer=SyncMLTurbaConfiguration
>>

>Sorry, I obviously overlooked that part. Thanks for the hint.
>May I ask why this is not already the default (i.e. does it break
>anything)?

I must second this.

Vitally important part of being groupware is to be the information hub.
The default instllation is very bare and makes every new Horde admin to
scramle to find out how to coexist with the various users and other data
sources.
This is not just Turba, but all schema provided by Horde. It would be
really nicer if the default installation is already preconfigured to
work better with other information source such as LDAP, SyncML, etc.

--
+--+--+   |  |      --+--   --    Peace on Earth
+--+--+     _|     +----- ------  ntai a t smartfruit d o t com