[sync] Outlook Sync

Deven Phillips dphillips at metalsales.us.com
Tue Mar 20 17:05:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

    I don't know if this has been reported or not, seeing as there seems
to be no search for the archives... Here's the issue.

User has Outlook, appointment entries have a recurrence of "Recurs 8
times". This is not parsed by Horde properly, and as such the events
show up in Horde as recurring forever.

The offending portion of the iCal data is as follows:

<Data><![CDATA[BEGIN:VCALENDAR^M
VERSION:1.0^M
BEGIN:VEVENT^M
SUMMARY:Event Summary^M
DTSTART:20060403T210000Z^M
DTEND:20060403T220000Z^M
CLASS:PUBLIC^M
AALARM:20060403T170000Z;;0;reminder^M
RRULE:W1 MO TU WE TH FR 20060410T040000Z #6^M
END:VEVENT^M
END:VCALENDAR^M
]]></Data>

It appears that the RRULE entry specifies the recurrence to be every 1
week on Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr and recur for a total of 6 instances. I am trying
to determine if this is correct by checking references on-line.

Deven Phillips, CISSP, CCNA
Systems Administrator
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corp.