[sync] syncML-Palm repeating events glitch

Eric Thompson duetc at etc-consult.com
Tue Apr 17 19:29:36 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I'm hoping that Horde Webmail Edition 1.0.1 is recent enough that I'm not
ruffling feathers writing to the list.  Be gentle.  :-)

With Synthesis syncML client on a Palm z22, I had a NEARLY perfect sync last
night, with one glitch that seems like it should be fixable.  Repeating
events that are created on the Palm appear in the Horde calendar as only a
single occurrence, just the first day.  Meanwhile, if such events are created
in Kronolith, they show up perfectly on the Palm, and when individual
occurrences are checked on the Palm, every one is appropriately identified as
one of a repeating series (something that Companionlink seems unable to fix,
which is why I'm delving into this now).

So I wrote to Synthesis about it, and got the following friendly, and helpful
response; helpful, that is, if you know more about how to work with this
software than I do!

-------begin quote-------

For sure, our client supports sending recurring events, not only
receiving them (that is, including a RRULE into the vCal).

Do the vCals you are receiving from the client show a RRULE or not?
If not, the problem might be in the devInf of your server - if the
devInf does not list RRULE in CTCap (if the server has CTCap at all,
that is), the client will not send it.

If the RRULE is present in the vCal sent, then it must be a server side issue.

-------end quote-------

So here's an excerpt from the log for a repeating event which should have
repeated daily, today through the 21st, and it clearly shows an RRULE, both
from the client, and after being converted for the server: