[sync] What works, what doesn't with SyncML?

Tews, Shad Shad.Tews at corpx.usa.net
Thu May 17 15:01:05 UTC 2007

 have just installed and setup Horde version Mnemo H3 (2.2-cvs). I am trying to get the wireless syncML stuff working but I am not having much luck. This is my environment.

Linux iceman 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp (RedHat enterprise version 4)

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.2   stable
Console_Getopt   1.2.2   stable
DB               1.7.11  stable
Date             1.4.7   stable
File_PDF         0.2.0   beta
HTTP_Request     1.4.0   stable
Log              1.9.10  stable
Mail_Mime        1.4.0   stable
Net_IMAP         1.0.3   stable
Net_SMS          0.2.0   beta
Net_Socket       1.0.8   stable
Net_URL          1.0.14  stable
PEAR             1.5.4   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.2   stable
Text_Diff        0.3.0   beta
VFS              0.2.0   beta

mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 4.1.7, for redhat-linux-gnu on x86_64
Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license
Server version          4.1.7
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 4 days 23 hours 36 min 34 sec

[root at iceman sync]# php -version
PHP 5.2.2 (cli) (built: May  9 2007 22:58:57)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

Everything with Horde seems to work and function fine but trying to sync with a PDA or PDA emulator is not working. I have tried the following clients and have had limited to no success.
1) Funambol Outlook plugin 3.0.15 (just hung)
2) Funambol Outlook Plugin 6.0.14 (can sync some items to Horde but nothing syncs down)
3) Synthesis Client 3.0.2.3 for Windows Smartphone. (nothing syncs)
4) Synthesis Client 3.0.2.3 for Palm OS running on Palm Emulator. (Notes sync'd once but the Horde end had an empty title)

It seems that the server gets in an infinate loop as I can see it flipping between Processing and Waiting but it never really gets anywhere. The log files in /tmp/sync seem to have wbxml entries for the URL but it dones't look properly formed.

I guess my biggest question is, do people have certain clients working and sync'ing reliably? If so, what clients are you using (versions etc) and what is the server setup? (OS and versions) I think I would be happy to have one type of client sync'ing contacts to and from horde consistantly. From there I can branch out to get the remaining stuff working and evaluated. Any help as to what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Shad